Monday, June 30, 2008

Hike to Bike

Team Shasta/Core Concepts made their way back to Storm Castle (now considered CP28/TA13-unmanned), and they're now trekking 11 miles through the night to CP29-Spanish Creek and then on to the final manned Transition Area: TA14-Ennis Lake. This is where our trusty support crew will be waiting for them with the mountain bikes, where the team will take off for the final 23 miles of the Primal Quest epic adventure race.

They're still right around 19th-20th place, which would put them in the top third of the field if they stay on this pace. That would be a great finish!

In the absence of any detailed reports on their progress, you may find it interesting that they have been craving junk food at most of the TAs. Chef Shan has been cooking up some breakfast burritos that they are particularly fond of, and he made them hamburgers yesterday as a change from their usual pasta, and they've been enjoying sandwiches along the trail. I'm sure they will all come home with a healthy appetite for their favorite foods. Ice cream, anyone?

It will be interesting to see the video downloads from their helmet cam as well. I'm not sure how often they've been turning it on this late in the race, but hopefully there are some good shots of the riverboarding section at least!

Stay tuned and keep cheering them on to the very end - almost there!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on Tracey and the guys, I hope things are going well and that it will be an enjoyable last leg. Good luck from all of us over here. We know you can do it.
Love Mum xx

Big Sky Whitfields said...

Almost there Chad! Watch out for the grizzly at CP 29!

Anonymous said...

Mark and Team,
Your almost finished. Keep moving, what a spectacular finish. Hope you guys had fun on the ropes course. I heard it was amazing.

Brent said...

Keep it going Shasta! One last push and you can have all the food, sleep and clean water you could possibly dream of! You guys are doing an amazing job and Tracey, I'm so happy for you. Such a great showing! The Cradle unfortunately didn't go so well. Abby had to drop out 8-9 hours in due to dehydration and perhaps some heat exhaustion. Chris and I continued on unofficial, but losing a teammate really takes a toll! I had no idea. So, I'm glad you guys are doing so great. Can't wait to hear more. Finish strong Shasta.
Brent

Jennifer said...

Go Chad & Team Shasta! I'm not getting any work done so far today - I just keep checking on y'all! I know you wanted to finish before tomorrow... I'm holding that space for you. You guys are awesome and inspiring!

~ Super Freak ~

Anonymous said...

what are we going to do when these guys arrive home and we dont have to track or try to track them any more? I for one am exhausted going through the photos, they are very good.

Anonymous said...

:) trekking in the big sky country. inspiring!!! buck up little campers, you're almost there! chad, dinner on me when you get home! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh so close! Pick up the pace will ya? The suspense is killing me. :P

-T'n'B

Anonymous said...

Chad and Scott, I've been following the race and feeling a little envious. You're doing so great and are almost home! You gave me great inspiration Sunday as I pedaled my way through the Cascade Cream Puff. I just kept thinking how you were on Day 7 and I only had to ride for 15 hours! You are all amazing. Dana, thanks for the blog--it's been much more informative than the PQ site.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Get that SPOT fixed. You keep jumping all over the leaderboard.

Hurry up and finish as I have work to do and PQ is not helping that.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Nice Job Shasta! You are almost finished. Great Race and great updates throughout. You guys ROCK!